Here are a few fun St. Patrick’s Day creative writing ideas:
- Imagine you found a lucky four-leaf clover that will bring you great luck for only one day. Write about your perfect lucky day.
- At Christmas time, Valentine’s Day, Easter, and our birthdays we get presents, but no one has ever given me anything for St. Patrick’s Day. Write a persuasive essay convincing people to give gifts on St. Patrick’s Day.
- Draw a giant rainbow on a big sheet of paper. Write a line of a poem on each colored stripe. If you want an extra challenge, have each line be about the color you are writing on.
- Imagine a magical land over the rainbow. Write a story about all the amazing things you see in that land. Did you find a pot of gold along the way?
- Write about luck. Consider these famous quotes: “A pound of pluck is worth a ton of luck.” – James Garfield. “The harder I worked, the better my luck was.” – Ed Bradley. “Everything in life is luck.” -Donald Trump. Do you agree with them?
- Create an all-green menu for a St. Patrick’s Day breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- Brainstorm green things and make a list of as many of them as you can.
Have a happy, green, lucky St. Patrick’s Day! Hope you’ll check out our Holidayopedia for lots more holiday learning fun with Layers of Learning!