Your cart is empty
Layers of Learning is a homeschool curriculum that includes history, geography, science, and arts. It was written to be used with all ages of kids from 1st through 12th at the same time – family school style. It’s arranged in a series of two week long units. There are four years with twenty units in each year. When you complete Year Four, you start over again doing different and more difficult assignments from the Year One curriculum that you already purchased. A child who started in 1st grade would complete the cycle three times by graduation. If you’re not starting in 1st grade you should still begin with Year One: Unit One and work your way through. But you don’t have to use it in our order. Above all, this program is flexible and units can be purchased and used in any order you’d like.
You’ll also find complete mini-units, planners for mom and kids, and other products as you scroll down. All units/products are digital pdf files to download.
Read more about what the Layers of Learning homeschool curriculum is and how to use it here.
Click on the icons to jump to the section you want or scroll down.
This year covers ancient history, principles of geography, astronomy, motion, atoms & reactions, plants, ancient art, and art principles in the Layers of Learning Homeschool Curriculum. Click on the unit icons for individual descriptions of each unit.
This year in the Layers of Learning homeschool curriculum covers medieval history, countries around the world, weather, the human body, chemistry, electricity, technology, Medieval and Renaissance art and literature and poetry. Click on individual units to see the description.
This year of the Layers of Learning Homeschool Curriculum covers the Age of Exploration and the colonial period in history, countries around the world, animals, sound, light, color, geology, chemical reactions, art from the Reformation through Rococo style, Shakespeare, more principles of art, and early American arts.
Stay tuned for units in the future.
This year of the Layers of Learning homeschool curriculum covers modern history from the new American government to the present, US states, energy, earth structure, chemistry in industry, ecology, romantic art through modern art, modern music, and more art principles.
Come on by again . . . you never know when units will pop up here for sale.
Many of these mini-units are pulled straight out of our bigger Layers of Learning Units (we say very clearly in the individual descriptions when this is the case). More units will be added as we have a minute between reading time with the six year old, making dinner, and swabbing the decks.
Most of the mini-units are also just $1.99. Enjoy.
Click on each image for more details.
We made these planners for ourselves and thought you might like them too. They are all pdf’s so you can print them as often as you need and print only the pages you want. Forever.
- Basic info sheet with your contact stats
- A holiday list to add to your calendar
- A birthday list
- Monthly calendar sheets, ready to be filled in
- Weekly calendar planner pages including to-do, appointments, menu, and grocery shopping plus check lists to mark off recurring daily and weekly to-do’s
- Pages just for notes with a 1/4″ grid in the background
- Contact pages where you can enter friends, family, and business phone, address, and e-mail info
- Password pages for all the web sites in your life
- Blog planning pages for the bloggers out there
- Exercise log pages
- Library lists
- Calorie counting sheets
- Clothing sizes so you’ve got all that info on hand
- Gift ideas sheets to write down as you get brilliant ideas
- Goal setting pages
- Lined Journal Pages
- Babysitter instruction sheets
- Budget for your income and a plan for your savings
- Pocketbook to keep track of your budget categories
Read more about it here.
- Monthly undated calendars
- Graphs for weather tracking
- Places to write learning goals for the month, books you’ve read, daily chores, memory work, your best work and things you need to work on
- Daily assignment sheets
- Weekly assignment planner (choose between weekly and daily methods)
- ABC & 123 charts: for handwriting in print and cursive, 100 numbers chart that you can print out again and again as a learning tool, and various multiplication charts
- Journal or narration pages in various widths
- A chart to keep track of test scores, if required by your state, or if you wish to use for motivation
- Spelling list papers
- Dolch sight words for K-3rd grades to cut apart into flash cards and quiz on
- Knowledge and skills checklist for K-4th
- A scope and sequence for Layers of Learning’s four year rotation to keep on track with history, science, geography, and the arts.
Read more about this planner.
Printable for all your kids as often as you like and formatted on a half size sheet.
- weekly assignment sheets
- a learning checklist
- US and world maps
- what to read
- and more.
Read about it here.
High School Planner
Planner is printable for all your kids again and again as often as you need. Formatted in half sheet size. Print double sided on 8.5″x11″ paper then cut in half, hole punch, and place in a half-size binder. Each type of page is on a separate file so you can print as many or as few of each type as you like.
- monthly calendar
- weekly calendar
- daily planner pages
- daily study schedule
- four year high school planner
- transcript worksheets
- achievement worksheets
- quarter checklist
Read more about it here.
Comes in four styles, all included: Audrey Hepburn, Einstein, Yoda, and plain.