Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole just may be my very favorite casserole in the whole wide world. I love that it has all the yummy flavors of Chicken Cordon Bleu without all the pounding, stuffing, rolling, and breading the chicken. I make a couple of variations of this depending upon what ingredients I have on hand. The combination of the ham and swiss all melty in a casserole makes my mouth water. Seriously delicious. In fact, I would even say it is my most requested meal from my hubby and kids.
- 3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 10-15 red potatoes
- 8 oz. ham, diced up (I use leftover dinner ham or deli slices)
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 8 oz. grated swiss cheese
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
And here’s what you do:
1. Boil the chicken until it’s cooked through, then chop into cubes. While the chicken is cooking, boil water for the potatoes. Chop them up (no need to peel) and boil them until they’re tender. Drain.
2. Now just toss everything together! Put the chicken, potatoes, ham, cream soup, cheese, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a 9×13 pan. Give everything a little stir to mix it.
3. Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes or until it’s warm through.
*Some of my favorite variations are adding a bag of chopped broccoli in with everything. It adds beautiful color and is delicious. I also like saving out a bit of the cheese to combine with bread crumbs on top for a bit of crunchy crust. If I don’t have red potatoes I use any other potatoes I have on hand. The only difference is that I peel them first. I also love to add fresh parsley in for color and a bit of fresh flavor.
Printable Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole Recipe
Here’s the printable Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole recipe for you to grab . . .