These Candy Cane Kiss Christmas cookies just taste like Christmas in a bite! They are so cute and festive on a plate, and super soft with the perfect bit of pepperminty sweetness. I love that they have a candy cane flavor, in a soft, warm Christmas cookie.
The dough also really freezes well, so I love these for the holidays even more. I can make them whenever I have a few spare minutes, then bake them up in a jiff to take to a holiday party or for delivering a quick treat to our neighbors. I usually make a double batch and then keep the dough on hand in the freezer.
Oh, and did I mention they just hit the spot magically when you drink them with hot cocoa? So perfect.
Want to know the secret weapon that makes them so amazing? Here it is . . .
They transform this already yummy cookie, into Christmas cookie perfection!
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 tsp. peppermint extract
- Candy Cane Hershey’s Kisses
And here’s what you do:
1. Cream together the butter, sugar, and egg.
2. Add the flour, baking powder, salt, vanilla, and peppermint. The dough should be soft, not sticky and also not stiff. You can adjust with a little extra flour or a little water as needed.
3. Spoon small spoonfuls (a tablespoon or less) on to a cookie sheet prepared with non-stick spray. Place a Candy Cane Hershey’s Kiss on the top of each cookie and gently press it down into the dough.
4. Bake in a oven preheated to 375 degrees for about 8 or 9 minutes.
The cookies should be soft, so don’t over-bake them. Over-baking will also cause the kisses to brown on the top. They also expand, so give them a little breathing room on the cookie sheet. They settle down and shrink a bit as they cool, but I still like them best with only a small dollop of dough per cookie. Just remember that they’ll expand. I take them out just a bit before they look done, then let them sit on the baking sheet for another minute outside of the oven before putting them on my cooling rack. So yummy.
Hope you enjoy these Christmas cookies as much as we do!